Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Snippy Stylist

I tried to take my son for a haircut at Great Clips this afternoon. Here's the note I sent to customer service about why he's still shaggy.


If your stylists don't want to be there, I know I don't want to, either.

On Saturday afternoon around 1:45, May 17, I walked out of your salon due to the irritated attitude of one of your stylists, Bekah. My 12-year-old son was being shy and quiet about explaining what he wanted. When he started with  "Make it short" Bekah very tersely said, "I can't do anything with 'short.' Half-inch, one inch, what?" He's twelve, Bekah, give him a bit of a break. When I stepped in and said, "Let's just start with a trim," she said pretty much the same thing to me: "I can't do anything with 'a trim.'"

I have no idea why she got so annoyed so quickly and felt the need to be so short with us. There was only one other customer in the salon, and that person was being taken care of by the other stylist. So it's not as if she was incredibly busy. I realized there was no way we would be getting a decent haircut from this woman, so I said, "We're not doing this today" and decided to leave. I told her she was unnecessarily brusque and she was showing us attitude for no reason. She said she was sorry we felt that way, but nothing else.

I don't like making a scene; you have to understand just how frustrated I had to be for me to walk out of a situation like that. I have a pre-paid haircut card, and if I had to decide right now, I'd walk away from all of the remaining haircuts I've already paid for. I think you need to address customer service with this stylist, and especially how to talk to shy children.


Appropriate reaction? Too much? Not enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment