Monday, July 1, 2013

My Grainy Head

I get headaches with what I would consider a fairly average frequency. A lot of times, they're simply because I'm cutting back on soda for the three thousandth time. And they're not debilitating; they're simply annoying.

I've had what I guess are migraine headaches only a handful of times in my life. I can remember three such occasions, and I think that's pretty much it. Last night makes four.

I got up at around 2 AM with a really bad headache--bad enough that I was nauseous. After 20 minutes of trying to fight it and go back to sleep, I went downstairs so I wouldn't wake anyone else up. 10 minutes later, I lost my battle of willpower over physiology and also lost the contents of my stomach.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this happened the night after I took my bicycle out of the garage for the first time since last fall. Exercise kills, people. Tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment